I haven’t baked anything new in ages and whilst a Victoria Sandwich is not a new bake, I’d not tried this Weight Watchers recipe for mini versions. I’m still persisting with the weight loss plan but I still like to enjoy my cake! There’s a vast array of recipes in the WW app that I subscribe so I’m not short of inspiration…just time!
What you need:
Makes 15-20 depending upon mould size
110g low fat spread (I used Clover lighter)
110g caster sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
110g white self raising flour, sifted
60g jam, strawberry or raspberry
1 tsp heaped icing sugar, sifted
What you do:
- Preheat your oven to 180ºc.
- Beat together the spread and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg a little at a time with the vanilla.
- Fold in the flour.
- Spoon the mixture into a nonstick mini muffin mould and bake for 15–18 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. It’s helpful to spray the mould with a little frylight.
- Cool in the mould for 10 minutes, then loosen the cakes and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the cakes are cold, slice in half and fill with jam.
- Dust with the icing sugar and serve with a nice cup of tea…or coffee 😉
These were so light and fluffy and just enough to satisfy the cake craving and only 3 Weight Watchers points per cake…yum!
Until next time…Happy Baking!